If you received expert medical care for your injuries, you need expert legal representation for your personal injury claim.
You may need a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer immediately if you can say “yes” to any one of the following:
• If you were in an accident in Missouri or Illinois.
• If you were injured and received medical treatment.
• If the evidence to prove your claim may disappear with the passage of time.
• If the cause of the accident is not your fault, or is in dispute and you believe you are not responsible for the accident.
• Even If it has been several months since your accident, and you are not close to settling your claim (insurance adjusters often delay and are never protecting your interests).
• If the circumstances surrounding the accident are complex and require expert investigation.
• If you are not sure how to determine what the value of your claim, including the value of your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost income, future expenses, as well as other damages.
If you went by ambulance, or to the Emergency Room, or received care from a family doctor, physical therapist or other specialist, you should also receive expert legal advice on how to maximize your recovery for your pain and suffering.
You want to make sure that the right kind of evidence is collected as soon after the injury as you can. Don’t give the other party time to correct the problem. It’s good to take as many pictures as you can of the conditions that caused your injury, but you need to know how to make those pictures hold up in court. Get the names AND contact information of as many witnesses as possible.
If you did not go to the hospital in an ambulance immediately from the scene of the accident, but later feel you have injuries related to the accident, you can still seek medical attention, but you need to call a personal injury lawyer St Louis experienced first so that you are sure to document everything properly.