What To Do After an Auto Accident
Top 10 Tips from a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer.
Injured? Call a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice for a free consultation, 24/7:
(314) 962-5100 www.InjuryLawStL.com
If you are in an auto accident in Missouri or Illinois, what should you do? Here are the top 10 steps to take following a car accident from a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer:
TOP 10 STEPS:
1. Call an ambulance. Make sure you and your passengers are okay. Then make sure anyone involved in the accident is okay. If you are not certain, call an ambulance or 911 immediately. You can refuse treatment if your okay, but get help to the scene as quickly as possible.
2. Call the police. If you have sustained ANY property damage, you must have a police report.
3. Don’t apologize. Don’t be rude, but don’t accept blame for something you did not cause. Now is not the time to be gracious. Of course you are “sorry” that the accident occurred, but an apology after the accident will be construed as admitting fault for causing the accident.
4. Think clearly. Be prepared to state clearly to the reporting police officer how the other driver caused the accident.
5. Get support. Speak with witnesses and passengers to discover any support for your version of the events, with names and phone numbers.
6. Take a picture and video. A smart phone photo of the scene of the accident, the damage to the vehicles and nature of your injuries takes the guess work out of the case.
7. Call your own insurance company or agent. Even if you are not at fault, you may need additional coverages from your own policy, like uninsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, and property damage coverage. Find out what coverages are available.
8. Don’t answer the phone. The other party’s insurance company is not on your side. The insurance adjuster wants to record your statement to prove you were at fault or you are not injured. There is no other reason for them to call you. The other party’s insurance company makes money by NOT paying claims. Call an experienced St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer first.
9. Go to the ER and call your family doctor. Schedule a medical appointment immediately and document! all of your complaints even if you think that they have resolved. Injuries can surface or resurface days or weeks after an accident.
10. Call a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer. The defendant’s insurance company has already assigned adjusters, investigators, and attorneys to fight your claim. Hire your own St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer to tell your side of the story from the beginning. Don’t wait for the denial from the insurance company; it can be too late. Hire your lawyer from the beginning.
Schedule a FREE Consultation
Call a St Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice, LLC, for a free case evaluation: (314) 962.5100.
No fee unless you recover. Speak with live attorney about your claim. Evenings and Weekends: (314) 421-4441. Your call and consultation are always free.
We only handle injury claims – 100%. At the Mueller Law Practice, we don’t handle any other types of case. No criminal. No traffic. No family law or divorce. St Louis Personal Injury Lawyers for over 25 years. At the Mueller Law Practice, we listen to you.
Serving Missouri and Illinois. Learn more: 314.421.4441.
Injured? Call a St Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice for free 24-7: (314) 962-5100
Call now, and then decide: 314.421.4441 or Greg@InjuryLawSTL.com