What is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Ask a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer: What is my case worth?
Injured? Call a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice for a free consultation, 24/7: (314) 962-5100
One of the most commonly asked questions of a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer in any personal injury claim is: “How much is my case worth?”
First, if you were injured in a personal injury accident – auto, slip and fall, worker’s comp, medical malpractice, wrongful death – you have the legal right to receive financial compensation for your injuries and damages.
What is a claim worth? The short answer is: it DEPENDS on the nature and extent of your injuries.
To answer this question accurately and honestly, an experienced St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer will have to understand your case, including:
- What are the nature and extent of your Injuries. What injury did you sustain? Soft tissue bruising, cuts, stitches, fractures, disc herniation, closed head injury, or permanent total disability. The value depends on the injury.
- Medical expenses. While treating your injuries, you may incur bills for hospital stays, doctors’ visits, medical devices, prescription medication, physical therapy, etc.
- Loss wages. Many people injured in accidents are unable to work while recovering from their injuries. A permanent loss of bodily function may also affect your future earning capacity which you may also include in your lawsuit.
- Damaged property. An accident might have caused substantial property damage or loss.
- Pain and suffering. You should be able to recover money for your past, present and future physical pain and suffering related to your injuries.
- Emotional distress. Particularly traumatic events leave physical as well as emotional scars. Accidents and injuries also commonly disrupt peoples’ lives, causing inconvenience, anxiety, depression, withdrawal and other unpleasant emotions.
- Loss of enjoyment. Your injuries may prevent you from engaging in hobbies, sports, exercise and other recreational activities. They may also affect your time, activities and relationships with family and friends.
- Loss of consortium. If your injuries inhibit your ability to perform household chores, clean, provide emotional support and sexual services to your spouse, your spouse may be able to collect compensation for loss of consortium (or the impact your injuries have had on your marital relationship).
Personal Injury Accidents cause various injuries to any part of your body – seen and unseen. The circumstances of your accident determine the nature and relationship to the injury.
Importantly, the specific circumstances of the accident and medical treatment following the accident help guide an auto accident lawyer and insurance companies on what value a claim may have.
Schedule a FREE Consultation
If you suffered personal injuries from accident, call a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice, LLC, for a free case evaluation: (314) 962.5100. At the Mueller Law Practice, we listen to you.
We only handle injury claims – 100%. At the Mueller Law Practice, we don’t handle any other types of case. No criminal. No traffic. No family law or divorce. St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers for over 25 years. At the Mueller Law Practice, we listen to you.
No fee unless you recover a settlement. Speak with live St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer about your claim. Evenings and Weekends: (314) 421-4441. Your call and consultation are always free.
Serving Missouri and Illinois. Learn more: 314.421.4441.
Call now, and then decide: 314.421.4441 or Greg@InjuryLawSTL.com
Injured? Call a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice for free 24-7: (314) 962-5100