What To Do After an Auto Accident: Call St Louis Auto Accident Lawyer
Top 10 Tips from a St Louis Auto Accident Lawyer.
You have been in an auto accident in Missouri or Illinois. What do you do now? Here are the top 10 steps to take following a car accident from a St Louis Auto Accident Lawyer:
TOP TEN STEPS from a St Louis Auto Accident Lawyer:
1. Call an ambulance. Make sure you and your passengers are okay. Then make sure anyone involved in the accident is okay. If you are not positive that everyone is uninjured, call an ambulance or 911 immediately.
2. Call the police. If you have ANY sustained property damage, you will need a police report.
3. Don’t apologize. Don’t be rude, but don’t accept blame for something you did not cause. Now is not the time to be gracious. Of course you are “sorry” that the accident occurred, but any apology after the accident will be construed as admitting fault for causing the accident.
4. Think clearly. Be prepared to state clearly to the reporting police officer how the other driver caused the accident.
5. Get support. Speak with witnesses and passengers to discover any support for your version of the events.
6. Call your own insurance company or agent. Even if you are not at fault, you just may need additional coverages from your own policy, like uninsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, or property damage coverage.
7. Take a picture. A smart phone photo of the scene and vehicles and your injuries takes the guess work out of the case.
8. Don’t answer the phone. The other party’s insurance company is not on your side. The insurance adjuster wants to record your statement to prove you were at fault or you are not injured. There is no other reason for them to call you. The other party’s insurance company makes money by NOT paying claims. Call an experienced St. Louis Auto Accident Lawyer first.
9. Go to the ER and call your family doctor. Schedule a medical appointment immediately and state all of your complaints even if you think that they have resolved. Injuries can surface or resurface days or weeks after an accident.
10. Call a St Louis Auto Accident Attorney. The defendant’s insurance company has already assigned adjusters, investigators, and attorneys to fight your claim. Hire your own St. Louis Auto Accident Lawyer to tell your side of the story from the beginning. Don’t wait for the denial from the insurance company; it can be too late. Hire your attorney from the beginning.
Have you or someone you know been involved in an auto accident and suffered serious injuries? If so, contact a St. Louis Auto Accident Lawyer at the Mueller Law Practice, LLC, for a FREE consultation regarding your personal injury claim. When you call us you will talk to an actual lawyer and we will come to your home if that’s what works best for you.
We only represent injury victims. No fee unless you recover a settlement. FREE call and FREE consultation. Call now, then decide: 314.421.4441 or Greg@InjuryLaw STL.